|Anime | Manga | Timeskip|
|Height||172 cm (5’8”)|
|Weight||58 kg (128 lbs)|
|Relatives||Unnamed Father |
Two younger sisters
|School||Kunugigaoka Junior High School|
|Japanese Voice||Junji Majima (Anime)|
|English Voice||Z. Charles Bolton (Funimation Broadcast Dub)|
Ryūnosuke Chiba has black hair with long bangs that cover his eyes. It was revealed that his bangs mark off part of his vision like a gun sight and is the reason he shoots as well as he does. In the anime, he has maroon coloured eyes.
Chiba is a serious and stoic boy. He's very calm and business like and doesn't talk a lot. Like Hayami, he has been compared to a working adult and though the two are very similar, Chiba is shown to be less stoic than Hayami.
On the other hand, Chiba is shown to notice the small details of people around him. A good example of this is when he notices Karma, sitting behind him, after his first midterms exam fail. Then Chiba cheers him up by prompting him to insult Korosensei about the Home Economics scores.
Chiba debuted in Chapter 1, but didn't get an official introduction until Chapter 24 where Hayami and him are given the task of shooting Okuda's "Victoria Falls" BB pellets into Tomoya Seo and Kaho Tsuchiya's coffee.
Chiba also got some spotlight time during the Assassination Island arc where he and Hayami were tasked with shooting Korosensei when he was trapped and suppressed by students. The two missed him by 0.5 seconds and lost faith in their ability to shoot. When the time for the class to face Gastro came, Korosensei trusted them with the M60 revolvers they took from some guards when continue to the top floor. This put them in a conflicted state due to their previously failed shooting attempt. When they first went against Gastro, Hayami was the first to shoot and missed. Due to her shooting, Gastro was able to identify where she was and shot in between the seats which she narrowly dodged. By this point, Chiba hadn't shot yet so Gastro hadn't identified his position. Even when Korosensei shuffled the class and the shooter thought he knew his whereabouts, he remained hidden amongst his classmates. Before delivering the final blows, Korosensei offers advice to Chiba and Hayami who are scared of messing up again by telling them that they don't need to bear the responsibilities by themselves and it's okay if they fail because the class will back them up. This gives them the courage to successfully carry out their shooting and defeat Gastro.
Chiba made another notable appearance in Chapter 76 where he and Rinka were banned from the shooting range after getting carried away and winning all the prizes due to their proficiency on Markmanship.
During the Civil War arc, Chiba sided with the red (kill) team. At the start of the battle, under Karma's direction, Chiba immediately eliminated Kataoka to deny the opposing team of any tactical options. Despite being paired with Okajima acting as his rear guard, the pair were outflanked by Kanzaki and eliminated from the battle.
Seven years later he was shown along with Isogai and the others that went to Class 3-E buildings to repair the classroom and he become the engineer to test out durability of the old buildings by checking every part of the buildings and making the list of it.
Marksmanship: Chiba is the best marksman among the boys (and all of Class 3-E). He excels in spatial calculation and as such is unmatched in long distance shooting which Korosensei often gave him tricker question than the others every quiz period but it gave him disadvantages when it comes to balance and kinetic vision which was more inferior than Hayami. His abilities have even earned him the praises of Lovro, a hitman dealer and a retired assassin.
- Main article: Rinka Hayami
Chiba and Hayami are shown to have a steady friendship due to their similar personalities and roles as the best gunmen for their side of the class. During Korosensei's Assassination Test of Courage, they were paired together. According the official character book, he and Hayami have gone on dates and are presumably dating. It was also stated that he talks more when with her.
- (Chapter 24, after sucess ) "Direct hit!"
- (ch 68, about Gastro’s position) “Okay, Ritsu”
- (ch 76, at the summer festival) “We were banned from the shooting booth..”
- (ch 144, Civil War arc, on choosing sides) “I think we could grow up because … we did our best by searching for sure kill hits. Because someone or something raised us...”
- His favorite food is hard-boiled eggs.
- His favorite subject is Math while his least favorite is Biology.
- His hobby/special skill is Triangulation.
- Before falling in Class E he was in the Light Music Club.
- He likes Japanese Hardcore Punk.
- He is apparently good at Shogi and taught to Ritsu how to play, but he was defeated by her on their third game. Since then, he never won against her.
- His future goal is to become an architect.
- He was called "Adult Game Protagonist" during training using code names due to his hairstyle resembling the main character of one. This codename was given by Takebayashi.
- In the popularity poll of Volume 12, he was ranked 10th.
- It was revealed in Roster Time that Chiba has an intense gaze that would make others uncomfortable so he grew his bangs out to cover his eyes.
- During the Civil War, he and his rear guard, Okajima, were both eliminated after Kanzaki busted their camping spot and shot them. Similarly, in Cops and Robbers, he and Okajima (along with Hayami and Fuwa) was eliminated first by Karasuma.
- It is also noted that both Chiba and Hayami scores the first blood (first kill) by taking down Megu Kataoka as instructed by Karma.
- Despite being a victim of Korosenseo's seven-third cut, his eyes were still covered when shown in manga as he covers it with his hands and a gun.
- In the tankobon extras, his statistics were listed as:
- Physical strength: 3.5
- Mobility: 3
- Close-range assassination: 3
- Long-range assassination: 5
- Academic ability: 4
- Characteristic skill: 5 (super long distance sniping)
- ↑ Assassination Classroom 54 Page 20
- ↑ Assassination Classroom Manga: Chapter 24, Page 8
- ↑ Assassination Classroom Manga: Chapter 57, Page 9-10
|Kunugigaoka Junior High School|
|Faculty||Korosensei • Tadaomi Karasuma • Irina Jelavić|
|Students||Masayoshi Kimura • Hinano Kurahashi • Yūma Isogai • Hinata Okano • Hiroto Maehara • Megu Kataoka • Kōtarō Takebayashi • Tōka Yada • Kōki Mimura • Rio Nakamura • Nagisa Shiota • Kaede Kayano • Taisei Yoshida • Yukiko Kanzaki • Taiga Okajima • Rinka Hayami • Tomohito Sugino • Yuzuki Fuwa • Takuya Muramatsu • Kirara Hazama • Ryūnosuke Chiba • Manami Okuda • Sōsuke Sugaya • Sumire Hara • Ryōma Terasaka • Karma Akabane • Itona Horibe • Ritsu|
|Faculty||Gakuhō Asano • Kiyoshi Terai|
|Students||Tomoya Seo • Teppei Araki • Natsuhiko Koyama • Ren Sakakibara • Gakushū Asano • Kaho Tsuchiya • Kazutaka Shindō • Kokona Tagawa • Nobuta Tanaka • Chousuke Takada|