|Anime | Manga | OVA | Timeskip|
|Height||170 cm (5'7")|
|Weight||50 kg (110 lbs)|
|Relatives||Unnamed Father |
|School||Kunugigaoka Junior High School (Junior High School) |
Nagatachō High School (High School)
Jōshi University (College)
|Japanese Voice||Chie Matsuura (Anime) |
Kaori Gotō (OVA)
Ayaka Fukuhara (VOMIC)
|English Voice||Morgan Garrett (Funimation Broadcast Dub)|
Kataoka is a tall girl with long, gray hair kept in a ponytail with straight bangs. She is described as being "dashing" by Nagisa and according to Irina's fashion reviews of the students, she also has the physique and making of a model. This combined with her personality and talents earned her the title "Ikemegu".
Kataoka is a kind and capable person with very strong leadership skills which has been noted several times in the series. She's level-headed and rational and as a result is good at keeping everyone (namely the boys) in line. She was said to know how to take care of others, however, in the past, she allowed others to rely on her too much. A running gag is that she seems to have a relationship complex and seems to be greatly concerned about not being feminine enough.
Kataoka (片岡) Kata (片) means "one (of a pair)" and Oka (岡) means "hill."
During her arc, it was revealed that Kataoka was indeed dropped to Class E because of low grades. Her former classmate Kokona Tagawa made her help her study before every test, due to the claim that it's because Megu didn't teach her how to swim properly (when in reality it was Kokona's own fault for not taking more lessons) which nearly caused her to drown at the beach. Because she was constantly helping Kokona her own grades in her weak subjects became worse.
She was first introduced as the female class representative of Class E. Her spotlight moment in Chapter 43, when the class was swimming in the pool made by Korosensei. Her excellent swimming skill was when she saved Kayano from drowning. The reason for her low grades, which prompted her entrance to Class E were explained in the subsequent chapter. With Korosensei's guidance, they helped Tagawa to overcome her lackluster swimming, which caused her to not rely on Kataoka anymore. This experience helped Kataoka to learn not to let others rely on her too much.
She was shown to lead Class E in most times throughout different chapters. Notable examples include leading the girls and Nagisa through the bar room in the Assassination Island arc and later leading the rescue team during the God of Death arc.
Athletics: Kataoka is the best swimmer in Class E. She was the representative of the school's freestyle before dropping to class E and recently swam 50 meters in 26.08 seconds. Karasuma notes that her athleticism allows her to carry the same momentum and constitution as the other male students of Class E, making her a good close combat fighter. She also has good leadership skills.
- Main article: Yūma Isogai
Isogai and Kataoka are fellow class representatives. They often work together and are considered the leaders of Class E. The two are also shown to have a good friendship. Their relationship is mostly work based, but Class E rumors about what is the real nature of it.
- Main article: Tōka Yada
According to the official character book, Roster Time, Yada has a crush on her.
- Main article: Hinata Okano
According to the character book, Okano is her closest friend. They often spend their time off school together and share a worry about not being feminine enough.
- Main article: Hinano Kurahashi
Kataoka and Kurahashi are shown to have a good friendship and are frequently seen together. The character book states that they get along well since their personalities balance each other nicely, and a result they work well as a team.
- Megu's best subject is Japanese while her worst subject is History.
- Her hobby/special skill is swimming.
- Her past club before joining Class E was Swimming Club.
- Her favorite food is a breakfast from hotel room services.
- She wants to become a flight attendant in the future. She's been trying to aim for more feminine professions as time passed.
- It was stated in her profile that her dream is to be carried like a princess, however she's always misunderstood when she tells others that and they assume she wants to do the carrying.
- Her most treasured possession are love letters she has received from boys.
- It's possible the reason behind this is due to mainly receiving love letters from girls and being especially popular among them as well.
- She was called "Stern Lecture" during class 3-E training using code names. Her codename was written by Okajima.
- She is the tallest female student in Class E.
- Kataoka can be considered a foil to Nagisa in terms of physical abilities due her constitution and stamina being likened to that of a boy's where as Nagisa's is like that of a girl.
- In the "Girls you're interested in" ranking made by the boys on Chapter 19, she was ranked 4th, tied with Kayano. It's not shown what was written as her best point. In the anime, the comment next to her vote tally said "Dependable; straight bangs"
- During the Civil War, she and Takebayashi were both eliminated when Chiba and Hayami sniped them.
- In the tankobon extras, her statistics were listed as:
- Physical strength: 4.5
- Mobility: 4
- Close-range assassination: 4
- Long-range assassination: 2.5
- Academic ability: 4.5
- Characteristic skill: 4 (leadership)
- ↑ Assassination Classroom Manga: Chapter 5, Cover
|Kunugigaoka Junior High School|
|Faculty||Korosensei • Tadaomi Karasuma • Irina Jelavić|
|Students||Masayoshi Kimura • Hinano Kurahashi • Yūma Isogai • Hinata Okano • Hiroto Maehara • Megu Kataoka • Kōtarō Takebayashi • Tōka Yada • Kōki Mimura • Rio Nakamura • Nagisa Shiota • Kaede Kayano • Taisei Yoshida • Yukiko Kanzaki • Taiga Okajima • Rinka Hayami • Tomohito Sugino • Yuzuki Fuwa • Takuya Muramatsu • Kirara Hazama • Ryūnosuke Chiba • Manami Okuda • Sōsuke Sugaya • Sumire Hara • Ryōma Terasaka • Karma Akabane • Itona Horibe • Ritsu|
|Faculty||Gakuhō Asano • Kiyoshi Terai|
|Students||Tomoya Seo • Teppei Araki • Natsuhiko Koyama • Ren Sakakibara • Gakushū Asano • Kaho Tsuchiya • Kazutaka Shindō • Kokona Tagawa • Nobuta Tanaka • Chousuke Takada|