| Anime | Manga | OVA | Koro-Sensei Q!|
|Birthday||December 6th (Sagittarius)|
|Height||175 cm (5'9")|
|Weight||67 kg (148 lbs)|
|Relatives||Unnamed Father |
Two older sisters
|School||Kunugigaoka Junior High School|
|Japanese Voice||Shintarō Asanuma (Anime) |
|English Voice||Chris Burnett (Funimation Broadcast Dub)|
Hiroto is fairly tall for a middle school student. He has wavy mid-short, light brown hair and light brown eyes (both are orange-brown in the anime). He has been noted to be very good-looking from the girls point of view.
Maehara is a nice guy and in every sense of the word, a playboy. He has a "live the moment" attitude about life in general, as shown when he wasn't too bothered about being dumped by Kaho Tsuchiya. He is one of the few that is popular in the whole school despite being in the E Class. Despite that attitude, he is a caring person and isn't the type to pick on someone weaker than him. He also falls into the type of being honest, and often reacts strongly to things.
Prior to being properly introduced, Maehara has been commonly seen together with Isogai, whom he is good friends with. He gets his spotlight in Chapter 23 where he is seen sharing an umbrella with and Kaho Tsuchiya by Nagisa, Okano, Kayano, and Sugino. While Maehara and Kaho are laughing together, Tomoya Seo notices them together and tells Kaho to explain herself for walking with Maehara. Kaho then shifted the blame toward Maehara for falling into Class 3-E, subsequently prompting Seo and the rest of the Virtuosos to assault him. Before the situation escalated, Chairman Asano arrived in his car to defuse the conflict. Before leaving, he gives Maehara his handkerchief, telling him that he was at a high risk of being expelled. Kaho leaves with Seo, but not before telling Maehara to stay away from her.
As Nagisa, Kaede, Hinata, and Sugino arrive to help him, Maehara states that what he does is that he finds someone new if his feelings have changed and faded, and questions if he would ever act like Kaho if he were to face a weaker opponent. As a way to make Maehara feel better, Korosensei appears and tells his students that they will get revenge by giving an even greater dose of humiliation.
As the class carried out their vengeance by humiliation, Maehara helped to cut some tree branches filled with caterpillars, letting them fall onto Seo and Kaho. Once their revenge was over, Maehara concludes he was indeed not the kind of person to look down on the weak, before running off to attend a date with another girl.
Knifework: Maehara excels in knifework and is second only to Isogai out of all the boys in Class 3-E (and the class as a whole).
Mobility: Maehara is one of the most agile members of Class 3-E, as is considered one of the four most agile members of Class 3-E (along with Kataoka, Okano and Kimura).
- Main article: Yūma Isogai
Hiroto and Isogai are best friends and are often seen together; having known each other as far back as their childhood elementary school days. They understand each other better than anyone else and Isogai also knows Maehara's entire dating history. Their closeness was shown when Maehara took initiative and personally reassured Isogai that Class E would fight with him when the latter had decided to simply accept expulsion for his repeated part-time job offense. They have been noted to have excellent teamwork and reflexes.
- Main article: Hinata Okano
Maehara and Hinata are shown to have a good friendship and were paired together during the Assassination Test of Courage. Okano also has a crush on him and according to volume extras, she once had hit him over the head with her heavy bag, accidentally knocking him out due to being frustrated over his playboy tendencies. It was also revealed that she herself isn't aware of these feelings, but her friends are. It is revealed in Chapter 158 that Maehara does fancy her, stating that he wouldn't know the things he does about her if he didn't.
- (Talking about Kaho Tsuchiya) "Before long, it became a succession of unjustified anger and excuses. Shamelessly tossing around such cruel and ugly words. It's kinda sad and frightening. Maybe all people are like that. I wonder if I would also end up like that, if I was faced with a weak opponent."
- "The sight of a giant rhinoceros beetle and a middle school girl jumping on top of porno magazines is pretty amazing."
- (Talking about Kōtarō Takebayashi) "I can't take you seriously when you're being pantsed by six year olds."
- He was called "Womanizing Bastard" during Class 3-E's training while using codenames (Karasuma is evidently disgusted with using this name) The one who wrote his codename was Okano.
- His best subject is Mathematics, while his worst one is Social Studies.
- The extras and character book suggest he's a polygamist, but it's not certain how serious he was about it.
- According to Chapter 52, he has been caught cheating 5 times.
- According to his profile, he has flirted with all the females (except one) in Class E, and has been rejected by every single one of them. The only one he hasn't flirted and/or being rejected by with is Kataoka, the reason being "out of respect for a friend".
- His hobbies/talents are football and flirting.
- His dream job would be anything, as long as it's popular.
- He's noted to be good-looking by the girls in the class, but his playboy tendencies and lack of commitment make him undesirable. This is similar to the girls' view of Karma, who is also good-looking but too mischievous.
- He finds guns to be troublesome to use, and prefers to knife his targets. In the Civil War, he abandons guns and carries two knives instead, which he used to eliminate Itona after the latter parries his first blow.
- During the Civil War, he was eliminated right before the 1v1 showdown when Karma sensed him from behind and struck Maehara with his knife first.
- His school rankings are:
- First Term Midterms: 137th, 279 points
- First Term Finals: 76th, 364 points
- Second Term Midterms: 101st, 340 points
- ↑ Assassination Classroom Manga; Chapter 24: Revenge Time
- ↑ Assassination Classroom Manga; Chapter 24: Revenge Time, pages 15
- ↑ Assassination Classroom Official Character Book, Roster Time
- ↑ Assassination Classroom Manga; Chapter 90, pages 16-18
- ↑ Assassination Classroom Official Character Book, Roster Time
- ↑ Assassination Classroom Manga; Chapter 23, pages 16-17
|Kunugigaoka Junior High School|
|Faculty||Korosensei • Tadaomi Karasuma • Irina Jelavić• Aguri Yukimura|
|Students||Masayoshi Kimura • Hinano Kurahashi • Yūma Isogai • Hinata Okano • Hiroto Maehara • Megu Kataoka • Kōtarō Takebayashi • Tōka Yada • Kōki Mimura • Rio Nakamura • Nagisa Shiota • Kaede Kayano • Taisei Yoshida • Yukiko Kanzaki • Taiga Okajima • Rinka Hayami • Tomohito Sugino • Yuzuki Fuwa • Takuya Muramatsu • Kirara Hazama • Ryūnosuke Chiba • Manami Okuda • Sōsuke Sugaya • Sumire Hara • Ryōma Terasaka • Karma Akabane • Itona Horibe • Ritsu|
|Faculty||Gakuhō Asano • Kiyoshi Terai|
|Students||Tomoya Seo • Teppei Araki • Natsuhiko Koyama • Ren Sakakibara • Gakushū Asano • Kaho Tsuchiya • Kazutaka Shindō • Kokona Tagawa • Nobuta Tanaka • Chousuke Takada|