Craig Houjou is a legendary mercenary that is introduced late into the Assassination Classroom manga. He leads a group of fellow elite soldiers known as "the Wolfpack".
Houjou is a tall man with a fearsome aura. He has black hair that is slicked back and light eyes that are covered with frameless glasses. He has a scar over his left eye and typically wears a cold, hard expression on his face.He also has bit of a trimmed hair on the front sides of his hair
Houjou makes his first cameo appearance in Chapter 161 as the government prepares to launch their master plan to kill Korosensei. He next appears alongside his men accosting Tōka Yada. A few of her classmates come to rescue her and the two groups had been on the brink of conflict but Karma Akabane instead apologises for his brashness. As they leave, Houjou observes that while the situation could have easily gotten messy, the students were more than what they appear.
When the time came to enact the government's master plan, Houjou led his team to quickly and efficiently subdue the entire Class 3-E, knowing that they could complicate the operation. Houjou later left the command building to take up positions on the mountain, both to block Korosensei off and kill any intruders that infiltrated the base perimeter of Earth's Shield.
The Wolfpack had been informed by MOD official and PE teacher Tadaomi Karasuma that the students were mediocre in their assassination abilities. This led the group to severely underestimate their opponents and all but one of the group were overwhelmed and incapacitated by the students within the mountains. Houjou had also underestimated them, realising that their first contact with the students (Karma lowering his head before them) was that they had hidden their true potential. Houjou managed to knock one student unconscious and almost took out Kaede Kayano before vowing to teach the students a lesson they would not forget.
Despite being outnumbered Houjou prepared to take off his glasses so as to unleash his inner beast. However the class's hit-and-run tactics prevented him from doing so as he was constantly fending off their attacks. Furthermore, their usage of tranquilliser rounds instead of live ammo impeded his decision of whether to kill the students or not. Eventually, a dart fired from a drone operated by Ritsu managed to hit Houjou, causing him to become less aware and get stunned by Nagisa's specialised technique. Momentarily stunned, Houjou is immediately knocked to the ground by Karma's axe kick. The other students followed up by shocking him with stun rods and tied him up. As the class moved forward, a still conscious Houjou was impressed by his opponents.
Houjou is a well trained foreign soldier with years of experience under his belt. His specialty in guerrilla warfare is accompanied by a fearsome reputation, and possesses such strength that Tadaomi Karasuma himself admits to be three times stronger than his just by looking at him.
- Intelligence: Houjou is very calculating and perceptive, knowing that the students of Class 3-E are not just typical high school kids despite still being easy targets for him.
- Guerrilla Warfare: As a former soldier he is also efficient in completing missions with quick speed and accuracy, one example being rounding up every student of Class 3-E in a split second. With his abilities and knowledge of guerrilla tactics, this qualifies him to be a master assassin.
- Predator Mode: By removing his glasses will turn him to a beast that can overwhelm any odds ended up in himself as a last man standing through instinctual wit. The only way to prevent it is through hit and run strategy to prevent him for taking off glasses.
- Class E considered Houjou as Asura Karasuma when Karasuma mention that he was three times stronger than Karasuma.
- Craig Houjou omitted in the anime and his appearance on anime was replaced by Elite SDF Commander.